Thinking about booking your first appointment with a chiropodist at McQuistan Chiropody, but a bit unsure or nervous about what to expect? Don’t worry – the professionals at McQuistan Chiropody are here to put you at ease, handle your concerns, and treat your foot conditions.
Here’s what you can expect at your chiropodist appointment.
1. What to Bring
There are a number of items and information you can bring to your first chiropodist appointment to give your doctor as much information as possible. You should always bring a list of medication you take, previous x-rays or CT scans, or other relevant medical test results so your chiropodist can get a better understanding of your medical conditions and history.
You should also bring the shoes you wear most often to allow your chiropodist to see the wear and make any suggestions for footwear. Lastly, bring a list of questions that you want to ask so you don’t forget anything important during your appointment.
2. When To Arrive
You should arrive about 15 minutes before your scheduled time to ensure you have the required paperwork for new patients completed. You can download this paperwork from our website or fill it out when you arrive at our office.
3. Background Questions
We will ask some questions to better understand your medical history, family health, and reasons for your visit. This is so your chiropodist can have a good idea of what to expect, what treatment options to recommend, and any external factors that may be affecting your foot health.
Bringing a document with your medical history or family history can be a good idea.
4. What We Provide
Firstly, we will provide you with advice and education about how to keep your feet healthy. Whether this is recommendations for footwear, hygiene, or practices to avoid spreading bacteria or infections.
When necessary, we will also provide treatments for various foot conditions. Most treatments for corns, calluses, or ingrown nails take approximately 45 minutes.
If you are receiving an assessment for a biomechanical condition, like flat feet, bunions, or an injury, the length of appointment is usually similar.
Remember, at your appointment you can ask as many questions as you want to feel comfortable and understand your foot conditions and/or treatment.
Helpful Hints for your Chiropodist Appointment
- Don’t be nervous about the appearance of your foot or foot condition. Chiropodists have seen it all!
- Any foot pain is a good enough reason to visit a chiropodist. Don’t wait until it’s too late. If you’re suffering from foot pain, heel pain, arch pain, toe pain, discoloured toenails, or toenail pain, make an appointment today to diagnose and prevent any issues from developing.
- Foot pain can be an indication of a number of diseases and muscular or skeletal conditions that a chiropodist can diagnose.
- Wear clean socks to your appointment
- Don’t be concerned about hair removal on your legs.
- Don’t paint your toenails so your chiropodist can perform an accurate assessment of your toenails
- Schedule your follow up appointment (when necessary) before you leave
If you have any questions or concerns before you book your appointment, contact us! We’re here to help you feel comfortable with your first appointment. If you’re experiencing any foot pain or unusual symptoms, book an appointment with McQuistan Chiropody today!